Monday, March 15, 2010

Well, hello everyone, if there is anyone out there reading this blog. I highly doubt it. I finally found the ounce of motivation I needed to write my first post. This blog was supposed to be an inspirational weight loss journey, along with my friend of 8 years, Alexia. (Be sure to check out her blog on mywickeways@bloggerspot.com). I was to blog everyday,about what I ate, how being overweight made me feel, yada yada yada etc. In other words, this was intended to be another version of a Dr. Ian Smith session. To be honest, quite frankly, I wasnt in the mood for sharing my feelings, and I didnt care about my weight enough to change it.

I recently finished watching Julie & Julia, and the Perfect Man featuring Hillary Duff. In both movies, these ladies used their blogs as just something to do. However, in the end, they not only understood the lives of others around them, but they began to understand who they were as women. Im going to be honest, I still dont have a full sense of who I am as a person. Im not really sure where my passion lies. I know I want to become an extraordinary doctor. However, I cant help but wonder if that would be enough, to keep me fulfilled for the rest of my life. Well, there is only one way to find out. Before change the health of another, I have to start with myself.

Honestly speaking, besides education, I have never fully followed-through on anything in my life. I feel that this would be the perfect place to start. Im setting up a small goal of one month of blogging everyday. I feel that if Im going to discover who I really am, I might as well do it with a healthy body, and hopefully healthier spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment