Thursday, March 18, 2010

Take Care of the Spirit Before the Body

Gospel recording artist CeCe Winans said it best, "In the morning, in the noon day, in the evening, Oh Lord you're beautiful." Beginning from last night, I had been feeling such a heaviness.  I could pinpoint a variety of different things that have caused such a feeling within me.  However, I know for a fact, it wasn't my weight that was weighing me down.  It was my spirit.  People, the #1 key to a healthier life is sustaining a healthy spirit.  I realized that if I was going to accomplish my goals, then I would have to change the way I percieve myself, my life, and have a positive outlook on everything. I looking in the glossary of my bible today, and I came across the word "spirit". The definition was, "...that part of a man that survives death".  No matter what, our spirit can survive anything this world throws at us.  So then why do we others and ourselves, try to kill our spirit? There is a gospel song by Shekinah Glory Ministry, that says....."Sometimes you have to encourage yourself....".  At times, when we feel down, and discouraged we cannot wait for someone else to come along as sing our praises.  Sometimes, we have to speak over ourselves.  When you speak over yourself, speak only positive things.   For the tounge holds, so much power.  As the saying goes, "Death and life is in the power of the tounge."  I had just come back from a prayer walk, and as we were walking not only did I feel better physically, but I felt fulfilled spiritually.  Alot of time we burn ourselves out thinking about the woes of the day, week, or even the woes of tomorrow.  Everyday, we all need to regroup and get in touch with our spiritual beings. Pray, meditate, and just reflect. You can be at your desired weight, and never feel happy because your spirit is not happy.  Matthew 26: 41 says,"...the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak."  Whenever our flesh gets weak, and we feel like giving up, just tap into your spirit, and there you will find strength.  So, I just hope and pray that we all take care of ourselves, by first doing some soul searching and taking care of our spirits.
God Bless You All

No comments:

Post a Comment