Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I SHOULD STOP WATCHING THE FOOD NETWORK!!!!!!

Let me, first start off by saying thank you to everyone that has checked out my blog. Ladies I appreciate the support, and Alexia....you are the best!!!!!! So, my roomate and I watch the food network all the time. OMG!!!!! So much food, so many things to cook, so much weight to lose. They need to have a healthy eating segment. I love Paula Deen, and the Neelys, but the food can give me a clogged artery. Here and there, you see them cook with EVOO, and grill instead of fry, but OMG, all I can do now is think about food. FOOD, FOOD, FOOD!!!(LOL, my roomate is talking to me about uno's) However, I can say, that I have the ultimate support system. My roomate is always around, when I am about to break my diet, and order chinese food. She was around this afternoon, when I was about to have a second helping of food, although I was full. My eyes are always playing tricks on me. Watching the Food Network, is not helping me at the least bit. Most mornings, I miss breakfast. I had an apple, a chicken patty, fish nuggets, french fries, chicken, carrots, and cabbage. Looking at that it seems like I ordered catering for dinner. No, it really is not alot. I guess its just the fat content in them...Lord, I need help!!!! Fast.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good night, God Bless

P.S. Oh, the life lesson that I learned today....is that God's promises are always guaranteed, and please, please, try not to judge a book by its cover.

3 comments:

  1. Linda!

    Breakfast is so important. We NEED to break the fast! Research shows that people who eat breakfast are more likely to lose and maintain a healthy weight. Late last year, when I started having breakfast every morning, I had the same thing every morning: Oatmeal and some fruit. Now that I'm so use to having breakfast (I never ever miss it!) I make myself something different every morning.

    In the past, I did myself a disservice by not eating breakfast. By lunchtime I was starving and I would go to Hunter's cafeteria and pick up the first greasy thing I saw. My mentality was: I WANT FOOD NOW!! Now that I eat regular meals, I'm never starving like this.

    Ugh, chinese food is the devil. I owe much of my weight to that poison. At one point I would walk into the restaurant by my house and they would know what I was going to order! Mercy!

    The food network makes me want to cook healthy meals. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!! Food network is EVIIIIILLLLL!!! I'm always watching the cake contests and what-not only to find myself searching for the nearest Debbie Cake or cookie in my apartment. Might help if I don't keep those things in my crib (but I'm a whore to the peanut butter oreos!!!).
    Breakfast is one meal I look forward to since I think about food all night long, I need something to satisfy my desires after a long no-food break. Try a quick breakfast like oatmeal and an egg or high fiber cereal with fruit or even a quick and tasty fruit smoothie (my fav is vanilla soy milk, sugar free carnation instant breakfast, a frozen banana and berries, any kind will do)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Food Network is awesome. Why not try to find your favorites that they make and make them healthy? You could take it on as a challenge. Last night I had a dinner party and everything I made was a healthier version of the original!! I didn't start really getting used to being on a diet until after a month, so just take baby steps and you will get there!!

    ReplyDelete